Saturday 9 April 2011

Evaluation 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?






The social group represent in my film is teenagers. My film challenges the stereotypes of females; it focuses on four different types of teenage girls. My main protagonist is Christina played by Maryam Baraho. My character is very similar to Megan Fox in A teenage Drama Queen. Both characters are portrayed as the ‘bitchy girl’. They are both very wealthy and popular in school.  Both characters have a sophisticated and stylish dress sense. They are also very self centred and often look down on others less wealthy then themselves.  The main difference between the two characters is that Christina is not in her normal surroundings- her high school, and has to interact with different types of people. Both characters are humiliated during the film which encourages them to make some changes in their personality.  For example, they both learn to be less selfish and not look down on people who are less fortunate than themselves. I think that my audience will be able to recognise this stereotype as it is portrayed in most ‘chick flicks’.

No comments:

Post a Comment