Saturday 9 April 2011

Evaluation 3


 What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Unfortunately, I was not able to record a voice-over for my films opening sequence as i have not had access to the right equipment or software. As an alternative I have written out my script below:
 My film starts with my production company name Alystone Studios. A production company is responsible for the physical production of a film but also the pre production for example they raise the funding for the film, pitch the idea to the studios, make up the budget, find writers and director actors and everything else the film needs to move on in production. They are also responsible for making sure everything stays on target. There are two different types of production companies; larger ones or smaller independent ones. Distribution is the final stage of production.  A film distributor is a company or individual responsible for releasing films either to the public by cinemas or for home viewing i.e. DVDs, internet downloads or on television.
I would like Fox Searchlight to distribute my film as they specialize in independent British films like mine.  Fox Searchlight is a company that produces and distributes films it was established in 1994 and is a film division of Fox Filmed Entertainment alongside the larger studio 20th Century Fox.  As Fox Searchlight is one of the larger companies they will also fund my film as well. Fox Searchlight has distributed successful films such as Slum dog millionaire and more recently Never Let Me Go. I believe that this company would be a success for my film as well.
The opening credits of a film are shown at the beginning to show the important people involved in the production of the film. Whilst researching other films of my chosen genre; chick flicks i played close attention to the orders these titles appear on screen. They are as follow, name of studio and Production Company,  producers and directors names, the name of the film, starring and finally everyone else involved in the production of the film for example casting, costumes etc. 
I have broken some of these conventions as I felt that the title of the film fitted better at the end. I also had the production company and studio on my fourth scene as the first three were close ups of signs to establish the location I felt it didn’t quite look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment